I am writing this post to reflect on my first moments of using Feedly. After reading articles on Feedly and found information about typing also with Python and Github.
What is Feedly:
Feedly is an RSS manager. Feedly makes using RSS easy and simple for the user. Personally, Feedly gives me the freedom to see multiple articles without spreading a lot of time going back and forth through every news website or blog.
Yesterday, after I read an article by gizmodo.com about typing, I realized that I always through that I had a bad type because I lack the formal touch-typing system. In high school, I had a computer class where I was taught formal typing but I always had the hardest time with the class. I always believed that I trembled at typing because I was trying to retrain my muscle memory. During the class, I sit there for an hour at a time, typing away feeling bad. I knew that retrain my muscle memory was very difficult and I tried pushing through the class and at first, I was not so successful. I will admit that I switch over to the informal self-taught from to keep up with the class. In the article, George Dvorsky who is the writer linked How We Type, which is where Dvorshy got his information. The link is from Aalto University by Anna Maria Feit, Daryl Weir and Antti Oulasvirta about the “5 things you didn’t know about how you type”. Along with the five tips, there is also the Publication about their finding. This was a very enlightening read and I encourage anyone to look into his or her work.
- The SproutLife is an awesome program modeling Conway’s Game of Life. Check it out.
- The Til Repo is huge as a beginner, I am blown away by the amount of code jbranchaud has on Github. He has had 1,009 total contributions in the last year with thousands of line of code that he is working on. Wow!
- The Is my Knowledge Management System Saving me money article is also another article to look into.
- When You Give up Sugar, everyone should read up on this because it is scary stuff.
- Last but least the three Reasons Aws Lambda Is Not Ready Prime Time this article give me an answer why we do not Lambda in Python.
Feedly has been a great tool for keeping up with blogs and news websites. It has given the power how keeping track of all my team members blog all with the articles that I wrote about above.